World

Trump Threatens Iran With Consequences If Nuclear Deal Is Not Reached

US President Donald Trump has warned that Iran faces severe consequences if it does not quickly agree to Washington’s demands in ongoing nuclear negotiations, as tensions across the Middle East continue to escalate.

In a post on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump issued an ultimatum to Tehran, saying time was running out to reach an agreement that would permanently end hostilities. ?For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won?t be anything left of them,? he wrote. ?TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!?

The remarks come amid continued conflict between the United States, Israel and Iran, which erupted after major strikes launched on Iranian territory earlier in the year. The war has disrupted regional stability, pushed up global energy prices and effectively blocked the Strait of Hormuz, a key route for around one-fifth of global oil shipments.

Diplomatic efforts to end the conflict have stalled, with both sides failing to bridge gaps over Iran’s nuclear program. Washington is pushing for the dismantling of Tehran’s nuclear capabilities, while Iran insists on retaining parts of its program for civilian use. Iranian media reported that the latest US proposal included only limited concessions and maintained strict demands, including restrictions on enrichment activities.

US officials are also seeking the transfer of Iran’s enriched uranium stockpiles, which are estimated at around 440 kilograms of material enriched up to 60 percent. If further processed, that stockpile could theoretically be sufficient for multiple nuclear weapons. Reports suggest Washington’s proposal outlined a framework allowing Iran to keep only a single nuclear facility while relocating its enriched uranium abroad.

The conflict has also spread beyond Iran and Israel, drawing in several Gulf states. Countries including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman have reported drone and missile incidents since the start of hostilities.

On Sunday, the UAE said a fire broke out at its Barakah nuclear power plant after a drone strike, which authorities described as an ?unprovoked terrorist attack.? Officials said no injuries or radiation leaks were recorded, although one reactor temporarily switched to emergency diesel power after damage to an electrical generator. The UAE’s Defense Ministry reported detecting multiple drones near the facility, with some intercepted and one striking the site.

The Barakah plant, the only nuclear facility in the Arab world, supplies a significant portion of the UAE’s electricity and was developed with South Korean assistance, becoming operational in 2020. The country’s nuclear regulator said operations remained stable despite the incident.

Anwar Gargash, a diplomatic adviser to the UAE president, described the strike as a serious escalation, regardless of who was responsible. Saudi Arabia also condemned the attack and later reported intercepting drones entering its airspace from Iraq.

Iran and allied militias have previously carried out strikes against regional targets, which Tehran describes as retaliation for US and Israeli actions. The latest developments underline the widening scope of the conflict as diplomatic efforts continue to stall and military tensions rise across multiple fronts.